The Gardens of Cedar Rapids is working with state and local health officials to implement a phased approach toward safely reopening our facility for visitation that has been restricted due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We understand that the past few months have been challenging due to the emergence of the COVID-19 virus and the additional safety precautions that have been put in place because of the virus, such as the limitation of in-person visits to our facility. We also understand that, although these precautions have been necessary to protect the safety of our residents, not being able to visit in person has been especially challenging for them and their families. The purpose of this phased approach is to provide as safe a pathway as possible to resident and family visits.
There are three phases to The Gardens of Cedar Rapids reopening plan. The types of visitation allowed at each phase will be based on several factors including COVID-19 activity in the community and the availability of resources needed to prevent and respond to potential COVID-19 activity and to meet Iowa Department of Public Health requirements for reopening to visitation.
The Gardens of Cedar Rapids will continually assess these factors to determine if additional changes are needed to our visitation policies. If there is a resurgence of COVID-19 activity in the community, we will adjust our reopening plan accordingly. If we run low on PPE, we will have to adjust our reopening plan accordingly, and if staff or residents’ health decline we will adjust our reopening plan accordingly. We will continue to provide additional updates if changes are needed.
The Gardens of Cedar Rapids is currently at Phase 1 in its reopening plan. This means that:
- The following types of visits are allowed in all areas effective immediately:
- Closed window visits, compassionate care visits for end of life, front door goodie drops, happy grams, assisted phone calls, facetime, and skype
- The following types of visits started in AL the week of 7/19/20 (paused due to baseline testing):
- Scheduled vestibule visits
- The following types of visits will begin in Memory Care in August (will begin after baseline testing results are in and all are deemed healthy):
- Scheduled outdoor visits with the required social distancing utilizing the safety of the memory care patio
- The following types of visits will begin in long-term care in August (will begin after baseline testing results are in and all are deemed healthy):
- Scheduled outdoor visits with the required social distancing
Please contact The Gardens of Cedar Rapids at 319-632-1350 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about arranging visits during this new transition.
Jenna Gardner, MA-g, MBA, LNHA | Executive Director